Monday, May 6, 2013

Project: Organization/Project: Creativity

This summer's goal is to organize my house until every single thing I own has a place, and if it doesn't have a place, its new place is Goodwill.

I have a Pinterest board dedicated to my organizational plans to keep me focused.

Organization

Last week I tackled my closet, and it looks amazing. It now has a floor, to begin with. I removed 5 boxes of items to give to Goodwill, 2 boxes of items to do other things with, and 4 boxes of garbage. It was a successful organization. I think my favorite thing about it is that I now have empty shelves and lovely coordinated storage boxes that are half empty! I love having places where things can go. The worst part about a full closet is that you can't get new stuff!


The other areas of my home that need to be organized are:
  • Bookshelves/Home library
  • Desk
  • Craft storage (this will be a HUGE project)
  • Dresser
  • Childhood items
I have been a sentimental person my whole life, but I am starting to think that some things I'm sentimental about can be parted from me. I will still remember the items even if they are no longer stored in my house, visited only yearly or so when I snap and have to go through all my boxes again.

Creativity

The second part of this goal is creativity.

I would like to do something fun and creative somewhat regularly this summer. Summer is a great time for creative projects! I'll be posting about these projects, so keep your eyes open for some new things that I'm working on!


No comments:

Post a Comment