Monday, May 27, 2013

Physical Therapy (Because I'm Broken)

Physical therapy has been going great. I can tell because I am so sore! I've been doing it for 2 weeks now, and let me just go on record to say that it is really hard to start doing something differently from the way that you've been doing it for at least 13 years.


My physical therapist has informed me that I use my neck muscles to move my arm, and since the initial visit, I've realized that I use my neck muscles for just about every movement involving shoulders, neck, and back. I came into the office the other day with a sore shoulder and he laughed at me and said my pain was telling on me...having pain where I had it essentially proved that I had been using those neck muscles still. Boo, stupid soreness tattling on me!

Also, I'm stuck wearing this ugly tape to keep my shoulder where it's supposed to be...

But in all, I'm enjoying learning how to be normal and use the right muscles to function. I'm such a weird kind of handicap...but my physical therapist assures me that soon enough I'll forget this ever happened :)

Here's hoping that's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment