Saturday, January 11, 2014

LOVE

By contrast, because I also think unrestrained negativity is loathsome, here are some things I LOVE.


  1. Silence - I have not experienced true silence in 21 years. I had a really high fever at age 8 (106 degrees) and sustained hearing and vision damage. I have tinnitus which means that silence does not exist for me, but if I don't think about it, I don't hear it. I love and appreciate silence in a way that I never could have done before. Every time you experience true silence, please enjoy it. For me! 
  2. Great stories - I swear NOTHING makes me happier than a good story, told well. 
  3. People helping people - It makes me so happy to hear stories about another person's kindness. I wouldn't say kindness is rare, it's just that stories of sadness, pain, and death are so prominent and impact me so much. Hearing about the opposite brings joy!
  4. Dogs - Dogs are the most incredible creatures in the world, full of love and sweetness. How could you not love dogs? 
  5. Knowing my own mind - Since becoming an adult and experiencing a few earth-shattering disappointments, I'm a lot better at shrugging things off and being honest with myself. I love that I can think about something and form an opinion on my own without being afraid that someone else won't agree with me. We're all our own person and have the right to our own opinions. That being said, I also no longer enjoy being friends with people who are trying to change me. Life is too short for that tug of war. 
  6. Justice - Seriously beautiful. 
  7. The woods - Until you've hiked miles and miles from civilization with your home on your back, you have never experienced the woods. 
  8. Beautiful things - There are so many beautiful things in the world if you know how to look for them. My mom always taught me to appreciate the little things--like flowers growing out of cracks in sidewalks. Beauty is everywhere if you tune in to it. I also appreciate beautiful people. Why not? I hate when people don't want to see beautiful people. That leads me to....
  9. The human body - It really is a masterpiece. I know so many people complain about having to see it on TV and in advertising, but it doesn't bother me at all. 
  10. A healthy lifestyle - I love feeling good. When I was a teenager, I realized that when I ate crackers and cheese or sugary treats, I did not feel so great afterwards, and even though I have lifestyle lapses now, I know that exercising and healthy foods make me feel GOOD. I wish everyone would come to that conclusion. I see too many older people who succumbed to junk food and laziness complaining about their health problems, and I can't help but see how they could be better now if they would have just tried. 
  11. Relaxing - While I love to work out, nothing in the world beats a comfy couch or bed. 
  12. Understanding and being understood - This is another thing I didn't fully appreciate until adulthood. It is SO HARD to find someone who gets you and who you get, but it is such a reward when you do! That whole "opposites attract" thing is so overrated. I love being in relationships with people I understand. I have accumulated some really nice friends over the years :)
  13. Double IPA - What better beer is there? 
  14. A good manicure - I love having my nails done. It's such a hassle-free way of looking nice. 
  15. Sight - Like the hearing thing...what wouldn't I give for vision! Well, actually I probably wouldn't do lasik. That's gross. 
  16. Nerd culture - I love writing nerdery, like literary art. I got an "&" statue that I've been nerding out about. Seriously, what a nerd!
  17. Working hard - The whole bit about giving 110%. I'm not COMPLAINING about that. I love it!
  18. Libertarian culture - It's self-explanatory. 
  19. Writing for me - Writing my novel (and other writing projects) has been one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had. I don't know where it'll go, but the way it's made me feel while completing it has been worth all the work. 
  20. Receiving notes in the mail - I'm old fashioned.  
  21. Fashion and beauty - My favorite Pinterest activities, besides home storage pinning, is fashion and beauty pinning. 
  22. New clothes! - I am so thankful for my walk-in closet.  
  23. Baby animals - They grow up into big animals! Maybe this is why human babies don't do it for me...they just grow up into people. 
  24. Zebra F-301 pens - Could never think without this pen. We've been together for almost 12 years. 
  25. Good food - Because it's good....
  26. Starbucks Tall 5 Pump Iced Chai with Whip - Another necessity! So yummy.
  27. Water - I never understand people who hate drinking water. It's my favorite beverage in the world. It's life-sustaining!
  28. Produce - It's my favorite section in the grocery store. Oh, and I like eating it. 
  29. Light - Post Christmas blues are just perpetuated the the plunge into continual darkness. Oh and my Christmas decorations are still up. I love lights. 
  30. Sadiepants - This girl brightens my entire existence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment