Friday, June 21, 2013

Reading History

I have been a history reading fiend these last few weeks. I first pulled up an old draft of a story that I wrote about 6 months ago and I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that it was good! (For a draft, of course.) The setting of the story was originally the 1930s and I have it taking place in Great Britain. The problem is, I've never been there, and the other problem is that I don't know if my knowledge of the era is accurate or not.


I've been reading up on the 1920s and 1930s in both America and England, trying to make my decisions about my historical setting as well as my location. I'm guessing there is a lot of research ahead of me before I decide anything specifically though. I am finishing the American histories and will be shifting gears into three histories about the English in the 1920s/1930s next.

I'll keep you guys posted about my progress and decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment