Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A New Beginning

I haven't blogged in a while.

Okay, a really long while.

It was like something that was really cool to do in high school and semi-cool to do in college. It was also something that was pretty much a blowing off of steam in graduate school. I made the last post on my previous blog about six months out of college (the last time) and haven't looked back.

The old blog really isn't relevant anymore. It's like an old journal you haven't written in for a while and when you examine its context you realize you just have to retire it. Since I graduated, these things have changed:
  • I quit three jobs where I had worked respectively for 2 years, 4 years, and 7 years. 
  • I started a new job as a professional writer and that job has been a whirlwind of changes and advancements and learning experiences.
  • I've taken trips to Tennessee (twice, soon to be three times), Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Kansas, Washington state, Mexico, and Hawaii.
  • As a sub-point, in 2011 I took my first plane trip (now I love plane travel) and left the country for the first time.
  • I got engaged.
  • I planned a wedding.
  • I got married. 
  • I moved to a new city.
  • I now work from home.
  • I have my first dog that is solely my responsibility.
  • I am writing a novel. Really truly doing it. Among other writing endeavors.

Need I say that my life is a lot different? In the past year and a half my life has changed in ways that render it almost unrecognizable! I am really enjoying the changes though. Most of them aren't changes anymore, they're just life, and I'm getting used to it, and yes, liking it.

So if you want to keep up with me on this new journey, now's the time to board this train.

No comments:

Post a Comment